New week, new menu!
This week we have a few things going on, which affected how I shopped. Sunday afternoon the Cowboys play, so we needed game day food. Thursday night I have a mom’s night out dinner with friends.
If you missed my post last week, you can click here to read it. I explained what types of food we eat each night to help me narrow down the recipe options as I’m scouring Pinterest and my cookbooks to look for what I want to make.
Here’s what’s on the menu this week:
Sunday night: Seven Layer Dip & fresh tortilla chips from the HEB bakery
- I loosely follow the recipe I linked above. I don’t measure any of the seasonings and just eyeball it instead. You can easily just use a packet of taco seasoning, too, to make it a little easier. If you’ve never had seven layer dip before, its so easy to modify it to your preferences. We don’t like olives, so I omit those. I like sour cream, but Reagan doesn’t so I only put it on half of the dip. You can add or remove whatever you want!
Monday: Chicken Carbonara and garlic bread
- I’m adding in spinach just to get some extra greens in!
Tuesday: Chicken Taco Poblano Rice bowls
- Yum yum yumm. Already looking forward to this dinner! Its one of our favorites. I take the easy way out and buy pre-diced red onion (thank you H-E-B!). You can make it even easier by buying a thing of freshly made pico and skip making it yourself altogether! I’m also using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts because 1) its what I had already and 2) the flavor is just so much better.
Wednesday: Taco night
- Moving our usual Thursday taco night to here because I’m going out on Thursday night. Make your menu work for you!
Thursday: Mom’s night out!
- While I’m taking a well-deserved break, Reagan will grab a meal simple from H-E-B. If you live close to an H-E-B, don’t sleep on their meal simples. So many fresh, healthy options that you can just pop in the oven. Cheaper than take out, too.
Friday: take out/leftovers
Lunches: Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- I love to eat this with club crackers and Reagan likes it with wheat thins. Either way, it’s delicious.
Snacks: apples (have some left from last week), strawberries, cheese snacks
That’s it! I’m excited to have some things on the menu this week. Last week was fun, but I actually enjoy cooking and I haven’t gotten to do that in a while. Let me know if you make any of the recipes!
If you want to know all about the big meal prep I do to stock up the freezer, you can click here to read my blog post and get some recipes!
Previous Blog Posts